Planning a trip to the beach or backyard BBQ?
Here are fun, festive inexpensive recipes for refreshing fruity coolers. Beat the heat with a cooler of these delicious summer favorites: sangria, Twisted Tea, Passion Peach Punch and Iced Coffee.
Sangria: Hands down, there’s no more refreshing, festive beverage that a pitcher of sangria.
Easy to make, inexpensive and not over loaded with alcohol, sangria is 4th of July fun with a punch. Here what you need for one gallon of sangria:
- One bottle red wine: merlot, burgundy, zinfandel, cabernet sauvignon, shiraz or pinot noir
- One and one half liter (3/4 of a bottle) of ginger ale
- half of a 12 ounce can lemonade concentrate plus three cups water
- 6 shots Dekupers Triple Sec (orange liqueur)
- one large orange, two medium limes (or four key limes), one lemon, cut into wedges.
- several maraschino cherries (optional)
- Blend. Gently squeeze fruit segments to release juice and help them absorb beverage. Chill for several hours.
- Ice with slushed triple sec, lemonade or ginger ale ice cubes.
Twisted Tea: Easy-to-make, non alcoholic companion to sangria
Mix equal parts unsweetened tea, lemonade and ginger ale. Add one shot vodka or gin 8 ounces of tea mix. Optional: use one 12 ounce can Nestea Sweetened ice tea with lemon, half and half cans of Minute Maid lemonade and Nestea, or powdered sweetened tea with lemon mix. Garnish with a twist of lemon.
- Mango Peach Punch: For a gallon of punch, blend
- 12 ounce can of Dole Orange-Peach-Mango concentrate
- one-two cans water
- 1/2-3/4 2 liter bottle of ginger ale, Squirt or Sprite
- 1/2 fifth of Dekuypers Peach Schnapps
- Garnish with twist of lime or strawberry
Irish Coffee Mudslide: Easy-to-make caffeine booster to fight that lazy afternoon feeling
In a blender, ice shaver or slushie maker, add coffee, flavored mocha creamer, Kahlua and Bailey’s Irish Creme. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
For more great recipes, bookmark JustGreatSteaks!