- 2-2½ pounds chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup original BBQ sauce (or whatever flavor you prefer)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a glass skillet (or any oven friendly skillet) over medium heat. Add oil to pan, allowing to heat for a minute. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Place thighs season side down in skillet; chicken should sizzle but not splatter over heat. Cook on each side for 4 minutes (if meat sticks to pan, gently scrape with metal or wooden spatula to loosen).
In the meantime, combine remaining ingredients in small bowl and set aside. Remove chicken from heat and carefully drain off extra grease.
Pour BBQ sauce over chicken, tent with foil, and bake for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is firm to the touch (or juices run clear when cut into). Serves 3-4. Enjoy!
Don’t settle for ketchup – try these exotic condiment recipes!